Over 600 unions in Imo State on Thursday got here collectively to demand for the restoration of belongings belonging to the state acquired by a former Governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha.
The unions made their demand in a letter they offered to the Imo State Governor, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, after a large peaceable protest on Thursday.
The letter was signed by the President of the Affiliation of Imo State Indigenous City Unions, Chief Emeka Diwe, and eight different leaders of assorted unions and teams.
Others concerned within the protest and demand for the restoration of Imo State belongings from Okorocha embrace Orluzurumee, Olu Owerri, Olu Okigwe and Amalgamation of Imo Skilled Associations.
The letter was additionally signed by Prof. Francis Dike (SAN), Orlu Elders Council; Elder Chinyere Chukwukere, Secretary Orluzurumee; Chief Martins Opara, President Basic Olu Owerri; and Chief Monday Ikoku, Olu Okigwe.
Others are Rev. Fr. Prof. Philip Ogbonna, Amalgamation of Imo Skilled Our bodies and Affiliation; Woman Irene Ukanwa, Imo City Unions Girls Wing; Comrade Isidore Chukwuemeka, Nationwide Youth Council; and Comrade Anyaoha Tochi Chibueze, NAIS President.
The letter reads in full:
Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON
Imo State Authorities Home
DEMAND FOR URGENT PROBE AND RECOVERY OF IMO ASSETS FROM FORMER GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA AND HIS ACCOMPLICES
The City Unions of the over 600 Autonomous Communities and collaborating Apex Zonal Social Cultural Group rising from the conviction that the eight years that Chief Rochas Okorocha held sway as Governor of Imo State had been characterised by unprecedented and unbridled plunder of our frequent patrimony have come to demand justice. We’re the management of the Affiliation of Imo State Indigenous City Unions (AISITU) in collaboration with Orluzurumee, Olu Owerri, Olu Okigwe, Amalgamation of Imo Skilled Associations (AIPA), the scholars unions and the varied youth teams within the State. We’re involved and certainly compelled to protest and make this demand on Governor Emeka Ihedioha to behave as a result of we signify the overwhelming majority of the poor and defenceless residents of Imo State at grassroots who are suffering the best detriments of dangerous governance.
Through the ruinous misrule of Okorocha, Imo went by way of a kind of untold monetary hemorrhage, as assets had been frittered away and public belongings looted and transformed to non-public use.
As if that was not sufficient, Chief Okorocha so cruelly plunged the State into irredeemable debt slavery to the tune of over N200 billion, a debt inventory that can stay unpayable even by ten generations unborn. But beneath the watch of Chief Okorocha, the bailout funds to Imo State inexplicably disappeared beneath the match of his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, and he neither budged nor stirred. Worse nonetheless, allocations to the twenty-seven native authorities areas of the State had been hijacked and looted, and the system stifled and made moribund. On this word, we want to inform the Governor, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, that we deeply admire his progressive method to the Imo Native Authorities system which now makes the Native Authorities Areas of the State have their full month-to-month allocations.
Staggering sums had been voted for the development of supposed basic hospitals which by no means noticed the sunshine of the day. Income-spinning investments of the State, notably the Concorde Motels and Adapalm and so on., had been offered off to unknown traders and at unknown charges. The Internally Generated Revenues (IGR) of the State had been actually handed out to household and associates and on a month-to-month foundation practically one billion Naira disappeared by way of that channel, even the civil servants acquired their salaries slashed by thirty to forty p.c. Imo pensioners, women and men who expended their youthfulness, their brains and their brawns in service of our State, had been left unpaid for practically sixty months and so they died of their tens each day. These senior residents had been subjected to probably the most excruciating torture by Okorocha a lot in order that even their three successive chairmen died in fast succession holding dud cheques of their fingers. These pensioners are nonetheless dying until date. Certainly, Imo had a Governor that was some other creature aside from human beings. We subsequently name on Governor Ihedioha to kindly intervene to save lots of our pensioners from additional deaths.
We’re apprehensive past phrases that until this second not a lot has been achieved by the Authorities of Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, pertaining to the final cries that every one which had been looted by Chief Rochas Okorocha ought to be recovered and reassigned to serve collective functions. We enjoin the Governor to entrust this restoration course of into the fingers of individuals of credibility and integrity in order that the recovered belongings don’t go the way in which of the recovered Abacha loots, which may solely be heard however can by no means be seen.
With a purpose to conceal his infamy, Chief Okorocha has proceeded to speculate closely in propaganda and has retained and recruited many prepared instruments to do the hatchet job. These hack writers now labour profusely to rewrite the narratives and stand historical past on its head. We’re conscious of the identities of these components, and we want to allow them to know that Imo folks will stand as much as them squarely.
We’re conscious additionally that there are some individuals who preach that allow bygone be bygone, and that the incumbent Governor ought to overlook every part that occurred previously. We want to assert categorically that anybody who holds such opinion is equally a suspect within the plunder of Imo State. The insistence of Imo folks is that every part stolen by the previous administration should be recovered with mathematical precision. This should achieved in a civilized and legally permissible method as a result of that’s what good governance is all about.
Our conviction is that if the present administration may obtain this restoration of Imo belongings and probe and punish these discovered culpable, it could have gone midway into sanitizing the system and engendering good governance. We would like this to function a deterrent to different individuals who maintain public workplaces in Imo and to remind them that at some point they shall even be made to face the music. Once more, we’re of the view that the proceeds from the restoration train will so tremendously help the State to satisfy up with its many urgent developmental challenges which the previous administration had marginalized.
In particular phrases, we name on Governor Emeka Ihedioha to rapidly act and get better the next from Chief Okorocha and his accomplices:
1. The N21.6 billion taken from the native authorities system of the State by Okorocha.
2. The Jap Palm College constructed with our cash however personalised by Okorocha. This College was accredited by the Nigerian Universities Fee, NUC, because the 42nd State College. Earlier than the earlier Governor sought and acquired approval for the stated college, he had acquired land with authorities devices and constructed all the homes on the College premises for the relocation of the Imo State College to his Neighborhood, Ogboko, the place the College is located as we speak, a plot we resisted, prompting him to jettison the concept of relocation to use for license from NUC. At the moment, the previous Governor goes round saying that Imo State has ten p.c fairness within the Jap Pam College whereas his Rochas Basis has ninety p.c. We demand that this State owned college be recovered with out additional delay.
3. The N96 billion being the stolen portion of Imo’s IGR for eight years.
4. Over N40 billion looted by way of the failed 27 basic hospital tasks.
5. The Previous IBC premises at Orji: Prior to now, everyone in Imo State is aware of that the Previous Imo Broadcasting Company premises at Orji is a authorities land. The previous Governor used his workplace as Governor to transform the asset to himself, after constructing gigantic blocks on the facility with authorities cash. We request that this authorities property be recovered with out additional delay.
6. The Nekede and Orji Mechanic Villages:
We additionally want to inform the general public that the huge expanse of land occupied by the artisans and mechanics on the Nakede mechanic village in addition to Orji Mechanic village was forcefully taken by the previous Governor and given to his members of the family and cronies.
7. Additionally, huge expanse of land on the Sam Mbakwe Airport highway was acquired by the Authorities for the aim of attracting a Naval Base. To our dismay, over seventy p.c of the stated land was transformed to a private property by the previous Governor. We demand the restoration of those and different lands with out additional delay.
8. The Adapalm in Ohaji which Okorocha stated was leased out to traders and left in ruins until date.
9. The Concorde Motels, an enviable funding of the State which was acquired by Okorocha by way of some proxies.
10. Westbrook Motels which is linked to Okorocha’s son-in-law, Uche Nwosu.
11. WODDI Wellness Heart owned by Okorocha’s spouse, Nkechi, constructed on the previous Imo State Secretariat Annex, a land forcefully acquired from the State by Uche Nwosu as Commissioner for Lands.
12. The Attain FM owned by Uche Nwosu, with none know authentic technique of proudly owning such big property.
13. The multi billion Naira Farmers Market constructed by Geraldine, Okorocha’s sister, on a land belonging to the State.
14. Over twenty-five plots State land acquired by Uche Nwosu upon which El Freeda Basis was constructed. That is the Basis by way of which billions of Naira have been laundered out of the State.
15. Extervia Mega Grocery store reverse Civic Heart Property owned by Ogechi Ololo, Okorocha’s sister.
16. Municipal Plaza owned by Nkechi Okorocha constructed on a land forcefully acquired from a civil servant by Uche Nwosu.
17. Twitter Bites acquired by Geraldine Okorocha forcefully from Mr. Followers.
18. Spibat Property most of which land was forcefully taken from Mbieri folks by Okorocha.
19. Home of Freeda Malls in Owerri, Abuja and Lagos constructed by Uloma, Uche Nwosu’s spouse.
20. A mighty poultry farm beside Shoprite owned by Uche Nwosu on a land forcefully acquired.
21. A probe into the JPROS monetary sleaze perpetrated in Okorocha’s first time period.
22. Restoration of over N800 million given to Okorocha’s sister, Geraldine each year, for Christmas bushes.
23. Restoration of the N600 million diverted by way of the supposed renovation of the Imo State Secretariat.
24. Restoration of the N18 billion looted by way of the alleged development of main faculty blocks throughout the State.
25. Restoration of all of the markets within the State which Okorocha has claimed 30% possession.
26. Restoration of the ISOPADEC funds and the 13% oil derivation funds which quantity to over N20 billion.
27. Restoration of the cardboard trade at Owerri-Ebeiri in Orlu.
28. Restoration of the N2 billion diverted by way of the development of the utterly nugatory Akachi Tower.
29. A probe into and restoration of over N120 billion diverted by way of failed highway tasks. There isn’t any single highway challenge achieved by Okorocha that’s not a failure.
30. Restoration of a whole lot of plots of land taken from the State by Okorocha and household, unfold throughout the state.
31. Restoration of Imo’s safety votes which Okorocha personalised for eight years.
32. Restoration of the billions of Naira looted by way of the development of lethal concrete beams on the roads and overhead iron projectiles, which serves no goal whereas persons are dying day by day of starvation. These loss of life traps ought to be dismantled.
33. Restoration of IRROMA tools value billions of Naira looted by Okorocha.
34. Restoration of ITC automobiles and funding looted by Okorocha, and lots of extra loots!
35. Excessive powered probe of all of the billions wasted within the “supposed” infrastructural improvement of the brand new universities within the state, as not one of the substandard buildings have been accomplished.
Extra startling studies and revelations are coming and because the can we proceed to replace your Excellency and the general public.
We urge the Governor to swing into motion and make sure that justice is completed in Imo State.
1. Chief Emeka Diwe
2. Prof. Francis Dike SAN
Orlu Elders Council.
3. Elder Chinyere Chukwukere
4. Chief Martins Opara
President Basic Olu Owerri.
5. Chief Monday Ikoku
6. Rev. Fr. Prof. Philip Ogbonna
Amalgamation of Imo Skilled Our bodies & Affiliation.
7. Woman Irene Ukanwa
Imo City Unions Girls Wing.
8. Comr. Isidore Chukwuemeka
Nationwide Youth Council.
9. Comr. Anyaoha Tochi Chibueze